Friday, September 17, 2010

Firefly

So I have no more nerdy friends. I’ve disowned them all after not forcing me to watch this show. I’ve seen it all now, minus Serenity. Seriously. What the hell supposed “friends” of mine!? Some of you even HAD the DVD’s sitting not 3 feet from me, and we were all bored and looking for something to do. Sigh. Better late than never, I suppose.

My favorite character is Wash, by far. Or maybe its his dinosaurs. Nah, I think its him. Anyway,**SPOILER** Its a shame he doesn’t wind up making it all the way through the movie, from what I’m told. **END OF SPOILER** So much could be done with that universe, its unreal. Limitless, in fact. We were just coming to the actual start of the Summer/Simon plot too. I can’t wait to see the movie this weekend either, that should be a blast.

I tried for a bit to channel some of that spirit and energy into DnD campaigns, but it mostly turns out bland and generic without REALLY heavy modification. And at that point, its almost not a time saver.

But on a general note, the grit and rough and tumble of the show is perfect for a border province, and as a way to differentiate between countries in terms of accent and methodology and values. Who better for the country bumpkin with a good heart than Malcom Reynolds? Or an innocent savant other than Kaylee?

No comments:

Post a Comment